Sonrisas Cultural Curriculum is a valuable cultural supplement to Sonrisas Level I and Level II. Students take imaginary trips to Spanish-speaking countries—learning and practicing their Spanish while they explore each country's culture and geography and celebrate various holidays and customs.
The Sonrisas Cultural Curriculum Includes:
- nine cultural lessons for elementary Spanish
- clearly-presented lesson plans that tell you exactly what to do. View Sample
- detailed assessment rubrics
- Standards for Foreign Language Learning correlations in every lesson
- authentic children’s Spanish literature
- art projects in which students work with the vocabulary and concepts of the lessons
- reproducibles for the art projects
- home reports for parents to support their child’s learning at home
- two musical CD’s, with accompanying lyrics, that support each lesson in the book
- a proven methodology that is research and standards-based and combines pedagogical approaches such as the Natural Approach, Total Physical Response (TPR), Waldorf methods, Authentic Literature, and the Multiple Intelligences.
- Storybooks are not included in the curriculum. You can purchase the Cultural Curriculum Storybook Set. This set includes all the storybooks you will need for the Cultural Curriculum packaged together with free shipping. It's a great way to instantly have an incredible Spanish classroom library. Click here to see the titles. Or you can purchase the storybooks separately in the Sonrisas Bookstore.